Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers in Ontario is an interactive online training course that meets the requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Awareness and Training Regulations (O. Reg 297/13) that came into force on July 1, 2014. This course provides basic health and safety awareness information that should be used in conjunction with on-site training that covers workplace specific hazards and issues.
The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and regulations define the law regarding the roles & responsibilities of employers, supervisors and workers to ensure health & safety in the workplace. Compliance of each party to perform their specific responsibilities supports an "internal responsibility system" and is required to maintain a safe work environment.
This course will help you stay safe in the workplace. Knowing your "rights" and duties, as a worker, will help you achieve this goal, as will knowing the duties of your employer and supervisor. Being involved in health & safety activities, such as participating as a health & safety representative or committee member, will also promote a safe work environment. You should know where to find additional information & assistance if needed, and be able to identify workplace hazards.
Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers may be taken in the comfort of your own home or on the workplace computer system. Depending on your pace, it takes approximately 45 min to complete. You may progress through the online course at your own pace and may stop & start at any time. You are required to achieve a grade of 75% or higher in order to pass, and are allowed 2 attempts at the test. A certificate of completion (and/or wallet card) may be printed at successful completion of the Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers Test.
What you will learn in this Course
- Your "rights" and duties as a worker under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- The duties of your employer and supervisor, in protecting your health and safety in the workplace.
- How the Health and Safety Representative and the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) are selected and their roles in health and safety.
- Learn about the Ministry of Labour, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, and other Ontario health and safety system partners.
- Learn about common workplace hazards, occupational illness, workplace violence and harassment, WHMIS, and hazard control measures.
Purchase Pinnacle Training Units
| || ||
This course requires 1.0 Training Units per Trainee.
Enter the number of people who will take this course
Training Units 1.0
We use the Moneris gateway for payments by Credit Card.
If you prefer to use this alternate payment method:
With payment by Cheque, e-transfer or direct deposit.
Us through our contact page
and select 'Request a Quotation
' as the subject, OR
contact us by phone toll free at 1-888-660-7060 or locally at 519-660-7260